- To communicate the mission of the Parent and Family Programs: parents and family members as partners in their student’s education
- To inform parents and family members about academic requirements, policies, procedures, programs and services that Georgia Tech offers to students
- To inform parents about the programs and services the Institute offers specifically for parents and families
- To familiarize parents with appropriate faculty and staff from whom they may seek assistance
- To give parents a taste of student life by providing opportunities
- To promote and encourage use of additional programs and services offered by the Parent and Family Programs (i.e. Family Weekend, Sibs Day, and Grandparents and Friends Day).
- Currently enrolled Georgia Tech undergraduate student
- Minimum of 12 credit hours completed by start of 2023 Spring semester
- Good academic standing
- Good judicial/conduct standing
- Serve as an ambassador for Georgia Tech with the Parent and Family Programs and the Division of Student Engagement and Well-Being for specific Georgia Tech events throughout the academic year
- Work at least 60 hours with Parent and Family Programs during the academic year specifically pertaining to Family Weekend, Sibs Day, Grandparents and Friends Day
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Previous experience working with teams
- Able to speak a second language
- Serve as an ambassador for the Parent and Family Programs and a representative of Georgia Tech
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to parents and students
- Participate in programs and events for parents, families, and students as needed by the Parent and Family Programs and the Division of Student Engagement and Well-Being
- Staff other special programs hosted by the Parent and Family Programs, such as Family Weekend, Sibs Day, and Grandparents and Friends Day
- Assist with campus wide events as needed, such as First Day of Class Pics and Commencement
- Work an estimated 20 office hours in the Parent and Family Programs Office during the academic year
- Other duties as assigned
$11 per hour at all trainings/events. Meals while working are also included.
Average of 60 hours a year with the opportunity to work more.
- Gain valuable leadership, team-building, and organizational skills while giving back to the Institute
- Represent Georgia Tech to thousands of parents and family members
- Receive letters of recommendation for future opportunities
Application Timeline and Process
- Submit your application by March 2, 2023 by 11:45 pm.
- Candidates will be notified via email if they have been chosen to be interviewed.
- All interviewed applicants will be notified if they were chosen for the position.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.