Parking and Transportation for Family Weekend
· Shuttles will be provided on Friday and Saturday from Family Weekend Hotels
· Parking will be provided on Friday, as long as you request it when you register for Family Weekend – exact lot locations TBD
· Sunday parking will be available to purchase at the GT Hotel and Conference Center for a fee.
· The Tech Trolley and Stinger Busses will be running for normal campus operation and are open for families to use while on campus. Routes and hours of operation can be found on the Nextbus app or from the link provided here: http://pts.gatech.edu/campus-transit
Parking for Friday, September 28 is included in your registration and families will be assigned various locations around campus to park. Classes are still in session on Friday and parking is limited, but we will do our best to assist all families. Please check your email a week prior to the event to learn more about parking as we get closer to the Family Weekend.
Parking for Saturday, September 29 is NOT included in your registration. That is a home game day, therefore all the parking lots are managed by Athletics. A link to purchase a parking pass will be sent out in your confirmation email the week of September 17. We will also post the link on this page as soon as it becomes available for that date/game.
Transportation for Friday, September 28:
A Family Weekend Shuttle (Stinger buses) will be running a loop around campus to and from the following locations:
- Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center
- Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel (Pick-up and Drop-off located across the street from the hotel)
- Courtyard Atlanta Midtown Hotel (on Techwood Drive)
- Georgia Tech Student Center located at 350 Ferst Drive
- During the College & School Receptions additional routes will be added between 3 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. to take families to various academic buildings around campus. Consult the schedule for your specific College or School for more information.
Transportation for Saturday, September 29:
Due to the football game we will be unable to run a shuttle service to and from the Family Weekend hotels. However, we will be running shuttles to Zoo Atlanta from 4:00 P.M. – 9:30 P.M. (during event) on Saturday. More information will be shared in your confirmation email the week of September 17.
ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES:
- MARTA: closest stations are Midtown and North Avenue
- Rideshare: Lyft, Uber, etc.
- Gwinnett County Transit
More information can be found on the GT Parking & Transportation website or from the link provided here: http://pts.gatech.edu/metro-transit
Parking for Sunday, September 30: Families who are attending the Sunrise Breakfast at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel or the Jazz Brunch at the GT Hotel & Conference Center will be asked to pay the hourly parking rate at the GT Hotel & Conference Center parking deck.
If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-385-1396